Again, this year, our team, Simply the Breast, will be participating in the Komen Race for the Cure, because we want to make an impact in the fight against breast cancer. Susan G. Komen has been a cause that I have supported for many years. However, when I was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 years ago, the fight to end breast cancer became personal. My daughters now have a family history, and it is my hope that they will never have to experience a breast cancer diagnosis.
Please consider walking with us or making a donation in support of our fundraising efforts. 75 percent of the money raised through the Race stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.
I hope to see you on Race Day!